About the Saluki Welfare Fund
Your privacy is important to Saluki Welfare and we are committed to respect and protect your privacy and your personal information. The following describes our policies for collecting, protecting, and disclosing your personal information and how we comply with relevant legislation including Data Protection Act 2018 and EU Data Protection Regulation.
Who we are
The Saluki Welfare exists to facilitate the welfare of the breed and rescue Salukis which have fallen upon hard times. We are classed as a Data Controller which means we are responsible for deciding how your personal data will be processed.
Information we collect
We will collect personal information from you to enable us to deal with your enquiry. The information that we will collect may include the following:-
- Age(s) of people in the household
- Contact details including telephone number, email address and postal address;
- Your home environment
- your working schedule
We will only retain your data for as long as is necessary. For general enquiries this will normally be until that query has been resolved and for for those who re-home a dog through the charity for as long as is required by our legal obligations to you and the dog. We are happy to stay in touch to help support throughout the life of the dog.
Information we share
So that we can deal with your enquiry we may share your details with members of the Saluki Welfare Committee but we will never share it outside of that unless agreed with you directly.
You have the following rights in respect of your personal information:-
- To know how we will process your personal data (this notice);
- To have a copy of your data that we hold (normally free of charge);
- To have the data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- To have data the deleted if there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process it;
- To ask us to stop processing your data in certain circumstances; and
- To make a complaint about how we use your personal information to the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time.